January 25, 2012

words

being a pour college student with little resources, my craft repertoire is limited to glue gunless, cheap, non-scrapbooking ventures. this was a really easy craft that was practically free and makes my room look that much cuter

here's all you need: 
pipe cleaners, scissors, and yarn (or twine if you want)


I started with twisting two pipe cleaners together, because I wanted the word to be a little bit thicker

Next I formed the pipe cleaners to the shape of the letter I wanted. Its a lot easier for the letters to connect if they're cursive (and its cuter). 

My lovely jace loves french, so I made her a 'Oui'.

Then just start wrapping the letters with yarn (or twine).  I wrapped over the ends a few times so that it wouldn't come loose or if you aren't a poor college student like me, you can use a glue gun and glue the end to the pipe cleaner. *Tip* some of the letters I unwrapped the pipe cleaners from each other and wrapped them with the yarn because it was easier that way. 

I finished by tying the yarn in a knot at the end. voila! 

el

No comments:

Post a Comment