January 16, 2012

Model Monday's With Jace

Hipster? Or Classy Hipster?
This is the question.

Bonjour Lovlies,
As my first blog post I would like to make a statement of the fashion that I follow.
Some may disagree with me and that is completely fine, believe me I do not mean to judge or make fun.
Sometimes when people refer to the term "hipster" (which seems to be all the rage these days)
 the clothing that follows this term can sometimes get a little out of control.
Some photos pictured with the typical "hipster" look leave me puzzled.

Take these two photos for instance.


I randomly typed "hipster" into Google and Pinterest and these were the pictures I found.
Sometimes I just don't get it! 
Does the very term mean, cover your eyes and grab whatever shirt and pant your fingers touch first?
Warning: just because it's old doesn't make it fashionable 
(pointed towards the model in what looks like her dad's old flannel...sugar no.)
Selecting an outfit is very crucial. It should take much thought.
I know when I select an outfit for anyone I carefully look at what I'm dealing with and go from there.
Simply start with picking a color that suits your mood and pair nicely, never harshly.
I feel as though you should always try to look your best.
A quote in which I love and live by is this:

"I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing
herself up a little-if only out of politeness.
And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. 
And it's very best to be as pretty as possible for destiny."
Coco Chanel


Today El and I put on selective outfits (made by yours truly)
I decided to wear the American Eagle jean shirt I bought years ago.
I paired it with a black jean (attention: a jean shirt with a plain jean does NOT work)
and finished it off with my new favorite cardigan (burnt orange!)
Continuing with the jean look, I paired Elsa with black jeggings and a deep plum cardigan.
The scarf was a nice touch with the colors and her newly dyed GINGER hair.
(plus she loves bows so why not put one in her hair?)


At the end of the day we came up with a better term for "hipster."

Classy Hipster
Which means- one who enjoys the look of old vintage clothing yes, BUT enjoys
 looking put together and classy.
I tend to never leave the house until I am fully satisfied with the way I look.
I want to feel confident, bold, romantic, classic.
There is no shame in feeling beautiful all you must do is be passionate about what you're wearing.
That's all it really comes down to.

xoxo, Jace 


2 comments:

  1. what about comfortable...for example today I have a bad cold...do I dress up or dress how I feel...miserable???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jill for sick days I suggest a comfy sweater with maybe some jeggings? Plus when you look nice, you feel nice!

    ReplyDelete