January 13, 2012

The Photographer


Well, Hello!

I'm Jenna, but my friends call me Jen (and sometimes Jude). This is my first blog. I've always been afraid to make a blog. You see I'm not the writer of the bunch. My mind doesn't think in words. Instead it thinks in pictures, colors, and textures. So if I misspell a word and decide not to use spell check or have terrible grammar or flat out make up a word, don't make fun, just laugh. That's what I do. :) Because, sometimes I am convinced the Lord replaced my brain with paint.
Ps- you can blame the grammar on the fact that I was raised in the south

So here's a little bit about me... El and I have been friends since we were five. Thats 15 LONG years. Hehe :) I am a Art Education major and possibly minoring in photography. I am also the one who moved away. I just recently transferred to BYU in Provo, Utah. Making me 4 long hours away from my wonderful friends.

I am the photographer. You see those cute pictures of Els and Jace? Well, most of them are from me :) I don't know what it is about photography that makes me love it so. Maybe it's the gratification of having a work of art almost instantly instead of the long many hour process involved in painting and drawing. Or maybe it's because I see the world differently when my camera is glued in front of my eye. Colors are more vivid. Shapes are more profound. Textures are more soft or sharp or rough..whatever they were designed to be, but better. Its almost a spiritual experience. Or maybe its the ability to capture the beauty that constantly takes my breath away. Maybe its all these things combine. Who knows. Point is: I LOVE IT.

Smile my friends. The world is beautiful.
Jen

3 comments:

  1. Jen - except for 1 or 2 grammar errors - your post was very eloquent and deep. I'm impressed! (and I'm Barb, the unknown)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenna! You are so lovely and so are your words. :)

    ReplyDelete