January 18, 2012

not just your regular trashy celebs

This post is inspired by one girl's harry potter overload induced dream and followed by the musings of one girl's love for a quirky actress, and another's yearning for the rare beauty of a british icon.

el:
yes, it is true. after reading in my 600 page harry potter behind the scenes book i had the most amazing dream, in which, i was best friends with emma. she came over for dinner and chatted with my mom and afterwards we gossiped about dan's crush on me while we drove in the car and listened to bon iver. 
if there is any actress that i look up to the most, it is a one miss emma watson.
i'd like to think that, given the chance, we'd be good friends. 
good friends that go to target for fun, watch the same embarrassing tv shows, 
and shop at burberry on the weekends. 
and while she clearly exudes class in style and fashion (i mean, she ROCKS that pixie cut), 
she also emanates class with the way she conducts herself and lives, even in the bright spotlight. 
I couldn't say it better than her:
"i try to be myself and make choices that i believe in-and if people think thats worth looking up to, then thats very flattering. but first and foremost, i have to be true to myself or its not authentic."

jace:
Zooey Deschanel. 
Oh this woman, I'm pretty sure I've always envied her. I believe it started though when she was the cute blonde with a smooth voice on Elf and/or the stylish music teacher from Bridge to Terabithia.
Whenever it started, the influence she has had on me never weakened. 
Her music (She&Him) has always inspired the singer in me whenever I had doubt in my voice or in myself. 
She just never seems to care what anyone thinks, which I love.
This last week at the 2012 Golden Globes she wore this long emerald green dress. Some might think that it was a little much but she totally nailed it (with full confidence).
Today (January 17) was her birthday, so of course I wrote happy birthday on her FB wall
 (along with a hundred other fans).
I like to think we're dear friends who sing together with our uke's. 
I would go over to her house and she'd give me advice about my future. It's great.
My favorite movie being (500) Days of Summer and my favorite TV show being New Girl,
I've realized the Zooey trend I have going in my life ("Zooey Trend"..blog post idea?)
Whatever it is, it's people like her that inspire me whether it be with writing, music, or fashion.
I'm a fan sista! Keep up the good work!

xoxo, Jace

jen (who's artsy brain doesn't have much to say):
Oh Kiera Knightley, you are the definition of class and beauty. How I wish I could be you for a day. Golly she sure is purty.

No comments:

Post a Comment